200g 70% dark chocolate melts
100g white chocolate
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
8 Candy Canes
Try this holiday indulgence that’s ready in minutes! Our Christmas Candy Cane Bark makes for an indulgent after dinner treat, or the perfect take home gift for dinner guests when wrapped up with some ribbon. Hack: You’ll only need 4 ingredients!
- Unwrap Candy Canes from individual wrappers and place into a zip lock bag. Wrap the bag with a tea towel and place on a hard surface. Using a rolling pin, crush the candy canes into small pieces and set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Place a heat proof bowl on top of the saucepan, nesting comfortably on the saucepan ensuring the bowl does not touch the water. Melt the dark chocolate first, stirring frequently to melt at an even consistency for 2-3 minutes. Before removing from the heat, add half a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the dark chocolate, stir and remove from the heat. Melt the white chocolate on its own in a separate bowl.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Pour the melted dark chocolate on to the paper and spread evenly. Pour the white chocolate on top and swirl the two chocolates together using a chopstick to create a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle the Candy Cane pieces evenly on top of the chocolate and refrigerate for 20mins, or until chocolate is firm.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove from the refrigerator, and break chocolate into desired shards by hand. Chocolate bark will last around 2 weeks in an airtight container.