Pressed for time? Transform store bought meringues into a colourful centrepiece.
Our timesaving hack is guaranteed to please even the pavlova authority at your table!
- 1 packet of 10 pre-made meringue nests
- 300g of thickened cream
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 lemons
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- Mint leaves to decorate
1. Zest the lemons, making sure to remove the yellow zest only, not the white pith and set aside. Then cut the lemons in half and juice them, reserving 1/2 cup of lemon juice and set aside.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl, adding the sugar, lemon zest and mix well.
3. Separate the yolks from the eggs and add them one at a time into the mixing time, simultaneously beating the mixture and adding the lemon juice.
4. Add the mixture to a medium saucepan and cook on a low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and remove from the heat.
5. Pour the mixture into a bowl and leave to cool at room temperature. Place a piece of cling wrap directly onto of the curd while it cools, to prevent a skin forming on the top. Once cooled, refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Decorate your Mini Pavs with whipped cream, lemon curd and blueberries.